PassengersCarriage of liquidsHold baggage
There is no danger of freezing in aircraft cargo hold. It is safe to pack liquid substances into hold baggage.
Even after the regulation comes into force, larger quantities of liquids may be transported as hold baggage than in the cabin.
Therefore, any sun creams, skin lotions, gels, shampoos, balsams, styling foams, disinfectants, hair sprays, perfumes etc. needed during the journey may be packed into hold baggage.
NOTE! As to aerosols (e.g. hair spray, styling foam) and flammable liquids (e.g. hand disinfectant, nail polish remover), please bear in mind that the package size is restricted to 500 ml and the maximum amount per passenger is 2 litres.
Liquids totally forbidden for air
Air transport of flammable substances has already been restricted earlier.
It is totally forbidden to transport following liquids in aircraft:
- flammable aerosols in packages larger than 500 ml
- corrosive substances (e.g. drain opener)
- thinner and other cleaners and solvents containing alcohol
- all toxic substances (e.g. insect repellents such as Raid)
- alcohol products containing more than 70% alcohol by volume